Kris Aquino flies to US to sign a contract for a Hollywood movie

After leaving the Kapamilya Network and joining GMA, everyone started to wonder what Kris is up to. After Kris.tv, the multimedia star has never had any shows or movies probably due to political reasons and health issues.



Now, the Queen of talk shows created noise when she posted on Instagram her contract signing for a Hollywood movie. "Tonight I fly to Los Angeles to meet Chris Lee, my agent to sign my contract. I passed 5 levels of intense scrutiny and was offered a role. It is surreal to be reading the script from a major Hollywood studio watermarked on every page with my name."

Kris had gone through a lot before even getting into the contract signing. Indeed, no pain no gain. After these screenings, the TV host finally git the fruit of her labor.

Below is what the "Trip ni Kris" host has posted on her Instagram account:

"For a year, I experienced rejections. A part of my spirit broke. There were two shows I lost because hiring an Aquino for TV was a political risk not worth taking. But something happened on March 23, 2017 – a Tony and Grammy Award winning Broadway producer, Jhett Tolentino, contacted me through [congresswoman] Len Alonte and Manang Nene Chan. He was helping a Filipino-Chinese-American agent friend to reach me to ask if I'd want to audition for a big Hollywood studio movie about to start filming. The pressure was I had to submit my reel in 72 hours. I felt I had nothing to lose, so we went for it. Forty-eight hours after Jhett's call, on March 25 we mounted an audition shoot in Manila Peninsula," she wrote.

For a year, i experienced rejections. A part of my spirit broke. There were 2 shows i lost because hiring an Aquino for TV was a political risk not worth taking... But something happened March 23, 2017- a Tony & Grammy award winning Broadway producer, Jhett Tolentino contacted me through Cong. Len Alonte and Manang Nene Chan. He was helping a Filipino-Chinese-American agent friend of his reach me to ask if I'd want to audition for a big Hollywood studio movie about to start filming. The pressure was I had to submit my reel in 72 hrs. I felt I had nothing to lose, so we went for it. 48 hrs after Jhett's call, on March 25 we mounted an audition shoot in Manila Peninsula. Thank you ARMADA, Direk Ricky Villabona, Jules Dacanay, DOP Shayne Sarte & her team, Juan Sarte, Nante Alingasa, Kimi Yap, my finance guru Nicko Falcis, Alvin, and the entire Kris Online team, plus Atty Joji's Quantum Post Production for the unwavering faith. We shot, they immediately edited & color graded, both my audition scenes & video BIO. Sunday we sent the high definition material. And we waited. And PRAYED. Tonight I fly to Los Angeles to meet Chris Lee, my agent to sign my contract. I passed 5 levels of intense scrutiny and was offered a role. It is surreal to be reading the script from a major Hollywood studio watermarked on every page with my name. I signed a non disclosure agreement so until they reveal my participation I can't share any details about the movie & my role. But today Easter Sunday- I wanted you to know my story... I pray it gives you encouragement & hope. I am proof that in life doors will shut & there will be heartbreaking setbacks but FAITH in God's plan will open new, unexpected doors. We just need to trust in His Love, Provision, Restoration & Perfect Timing. Grace is unmerited; it's God's Gift we humbly receive with a heart overflowing with Gratitude. To my siblings & sons- I share this blessing w/ you. THANK YOU for being my strength. ❤️
A post shared by 🇵🇭 Kris Aquino (@krisaquino) on

And her Hollywood dream became into reality. Kris and her team succeeded in submitting her audition reel on time.

Kris is indeed one of a kind. Despite the issues surrounding her and her family she still looked for ways to redeem herself. She showed the character of a woman who has failed several timed but whole-heartedly accepted the defeat and put her game face back on.

Good luck on your Hollywood journey, Kris.

UPDATE: She’s the first Filipina to be cast in this Warner Brothers movie of Kevin Kwan bestseller 2013 novel, Crazy Rich Asians.

No comments:

Post a Comment