WORKLIFE: How To Reduce Stress at Work the FERN-C Way!

Everyone who has ever held a job has, at some point, felt the pressure of work-related stress which affects our day-to-day productivity, and our physical and mental health that is why it is very ideal that we find ways to manage or to at least try to avoid stressors at work.


You just need 5 letters, F - E - R - N and C!

F - FIGURE OUT THE CAUSE OF S.T.R.E.S.S.


Identify the regular stressors in your life and the way you deal with them. Each time you feel stressed, keep track of it so that you can see the patterns and common themes. Write down: 
  • What caused your stress (make a guess if you’re unsure) - It will be best to list down the cause/s on a mini-journal.
  • How you felt, both physically and emotionally - Did you cry or did it affect your health?
  • How you acted in response - Did you shout at someone or did it affect other people?
  • What you did to make yourself feel better - Did you go out for a walk or did you eat something that made you feel better (i.e. Chocolates, Ice cream or your comfort food)?
Taking note of these makes it easy for us to change our routine or avoid the causes of stress.

E - EAT A HEALTHY DIET AND GET ENOUGH SLEEP

Well-nourished bodies are better prepared to cope with stress, so be mindful of what you eat. Start your day right with a healthy breakfast, and keep your energy up and your mind clear with balanced, nutritious meals throughout the day.


NO TO SOFTDRINKS AND FOOD HIGH IN SUGAR
--- The temporary "highs" caffeine and sugar provide often end in with a crash in mood and energy. By reducing the amount of coffee, soft drinks, chocolate, and sugar snacks in your diet, you’ll feel more relaxed and you’ll sleep better.

AVOID ALCOHOL, CIGARETTES AND DRUGS
--- Self-medicating with alcohol or drugs may provide an easy escape from stress, but the relief is only temporary. Don’t avoid or mask the issue at hand; deal with problems head on and with a clear mind. Get enough sleep. Adequate sleep fuels your mind, as well as your body. Feeling tired will increase your stress because it may cause you to think irrationally.

Everyone knows stress cause you to lose sleep. Unfortunately, lack of sleep is also a key cause of stress. This vicious cycle causes the brain and body to get out of whack and only gets worse with time. Make sure to get the doctor-recommended seven to eight hours of sleep.


Sleeping 7-8 hours/day would regenerate your body's strength but it is a challenge especially for people who work at night or with erratic schedules. Again, Tip #1 is to get as much sleep as you can when there is an opportunity.

R - REST, RELAX AND RESTORE

"Dont mind the dogs. Let them bark." The relaxation response may help people to counteract the toxic effects of chronic stress by slowing breathing rate, relaxing muscles, and reducing blood pressure. So how exactly do you elicit the relaxation response?


There is no single method that works for everyone, and it may take some practice before you find the method that is right for you. For me, I just listen to mellow music or just take deep breaths. It releases the negativity in your body plus it makes your brain think better. Since my job is stressful by nature, I also go on vacations just for me to indulge myself in something new or just to check out refreshing spots.


Lastly, I climb mountains so that I can release all stressors and restore myself. Since these activities require a lot of energy, I always bring my bottle of FERN-C to boost my body's defense to nosocomial infection which is common for travelers or mountain climbers 

N - NURTURE YOUR MIND, BODY, AND SOUL

It is not just your body that needs food. Sometimes we also have to feed our mind and soul for us to be able to conquer stress.


There was a point in my life that I stop exercising, which led to feelings of laziness and insecurity, eating poorly and not getting enough sleep. I stopped listening to music, reading and doing the things that I had once loved. I began to see my energy and zest for life decrease as my laziness increased. I wondered how I could stop this dark spiral of feeling drained and spiritless.

My family stepped in and asked me if I wanted help. They had noticed that I had shifted from a joyous, creative and thoughtful person to this stagnant version of myself. I accepted their offer and began an inward journey of getting to know my authentic self.


I went back to my hometown, Leyte, which I think played one of the contributors of me rejuvenating my energy. My mom also advised me to start taking vitamins to boost the energy that I have. I reached out to my aunt and she recommended FERN-C.

FERN-C Sodium Ascorbate Vitamin C didn't just nurture my body but I was able to relax since it made it easier for me to go to sleep and my body's resistance to sickness became stronger. I began to feel better day-by-day.

C - CHEER UP AND SMILE!

Smiling may seem like an involuntary response to something cute or funny, but it is much more than that. It infects other people or it is also contagious. Studies show that just seeing one person smiling activates the area of your brain that controls your facial movement, which leads to a grin.


Also, based on research, people who smile tends to have lower heart rates than those with a neutral facial expression. So, the next time you’re feeling stressed, just try smiling to calm yourself down but don't smile alone . LOL. Just do it!

This is my entry to Nuffnang and FERN-C‘s #WorklifeAyEasy Blog Contest. 

Ang Worklife ay Easy with FERN-C! Subok Na! 

Know more about how FERN-C can make your worklife easier on their official website and on other social media links, below:

No comments:

Post a Comment